As you can see we have been busy bees this summer - I don't think I've ever really done so much with my summers before! And Stephen makes Birthdays so much more exciting (although sometimes I feel he gets a little overexcited - especially when it's not even his birthday!!)
So yeah we went to the dolls house shop in Ripley, and saw the Peak district, which took a long time, and I don't want to see any bendy, twisty, curvy, non-motorway roads for at least a year now! (I'm not a great passenger) But it was worth it! We now have enough to more or less complete two rooms, and just to give you an idea, I took these pics..
The Kitchen...
The yellow tile floor is what we're using, and hoping to have enough to put some on the walls, we don't know what colour to do the kitchen currently (paint or wallpaper) suggestions welcome? There will either be some more worktops or perhaps a washing machine..although they are rather expensive, and I'm hoping to get a microwave if i can find a good price! We've got skirting boards and cornice to finish off and then its just a case of adding any finishing touches although I'm quite pleased with what we've got!
Next is the Bathroom..
Although not as much is needed in the bathroom, it still lacks the finishing touches, the towel on the rail is a tissue at the moment but I have seen some nice sets on ebay! I also think a toilet roll holder would be a good investment! Depending on how much we have, we plan to put up white panels on the walls maybe just on the bottom half and get a daedo rail (I have no idea how you spell that?!) Again colour has not been decided if we do only have panels half way up but probably a bluey colour of some sort? Watch this space!
We haven't finished the house completely on the outside as we still have the basement to do, but I want to complete at least one of these rooms before I do that, so when thats done I'll post you those pics (we have exciting trees for the outside now!) It's full steam ahead now before going back to uni!
I can't remember what the other thing that I was gonna blog on so I'll leave it at that for now! Will be back soon!
x Louisa x
No comments:
Post a Comment