Friday, 7 September 2007

And now the summers gone....

Well people, I have apologies....

I am very very sorry for not blogging for ages!

I promise I will try better in the future!:-)

Anyway, where to start!

Many people say that this summers weather has been one of the worst!
I think otherwise, I take no enjoyment whatsoever from being in ridiculous temperatures being sweaty, thirsty and incredible uncomfortable in certain areas so for me, colder summers are the way forward (its not global warming by the way, there have been summers like this before, ask old people!)

But anyway, this summer I got a new car :-)

Before I introduce the new 'un let us say something about Frank.

Frank was a beautiful, mature car,
Who's colour could not be described.
He was sometimes slow,
But he could really go far.
Franky boy, I'll miss you!

Anyway.....

Meet......

SALLY!!!

For those amongst you who are thinking "thats the same as the old one!" Your very wrong!
For starters its 3 years younger, it has alloys, it has a very sexy spoiler on the back, it has a 1.6 engine instead of 1.4 and it has air con (although currently not working). So there you are!

Also this summer I was on staff at the north west divisions JS Camp for the third time!
Although there were less kids this year, it was still just as good as ever! The kids had fun and it was great to have fun and have a laugh with the other staff. (I can't post any pictures... child protection and all that malarkey!)

There was also our summer school! Which I was a student at! This was such an amazing week, I know people will be reading this who thought it could've been a flop as there were only 14 paying students! Well you are wrong! In a way this made it better, everyone there was just awesome and I had such an amazing week doing Godly things and having fun, and doing some awesome singing in the workshops! If you want to see what went on I do believe the DVD will be available to anyone who wants on at a cost of £10 (which all goes to the SA's Human Trafficking) in a couple of months time! During that week also, there was a fundraising event in the form of a movie night! For this we all dressed up posh and had professional photos taken which we could buy for a fiver, and all of it going to the same cause. Here is one of me and Louisa....


Last Sunday (2nd) it was Louisa's 20th birthday! Oh my, aren't we getting old!
I bought her a lovely necklace and I also took her to the Dolls House Emporium Shop to buy her some bits and bobs for her birthday. If you want a hobby don't get a dolls house, its far too expensive! We shall do another blog about the dolls house soon!
But Sunday we went with Louisa's family to the Tweedmill in St Asaph for a lovely roast dinner, then the next day we came back to my house, in preparation to go to the dolls house shop which is near derby, and we went for a meal at Evenwood Farm, the new carvery about 500 yards from my house! (very handy!) So this week we've not been very healthy really!

Also after going to the dolls house shop, we thought we'd make a day of it, and went to the delightful village of Castleton in the peak district. The main attraction being the Speedwell Cavern which is under a hill and is basically a tunnel which you have to go down in a boat and is really quite exciting and potentially very claustrophobic. But for more information on this attraction go to http://www.speedwellcavern.co.uk/

For anyone thats interested, our house is having its kitchen refitted this week, Mums finally decided to do it, shes just not decided on everything like tiles and stuff but there you go, its fun eating out of the fridge which is currently in the dining room! Heres a picture of what it looked like last night....

So there you are, I think thats my whole summer done!
Hope to see you all or speak to you all very soon!

love from Stephen x


1 comment:

Tasha said...

So proud of you for blogging I'm now a happy person because my nosiness has been fulfilled. Sounds like you had an amazing summer!
Wish mine was that exciting haha!
Love to both of you from all of us
Tx